Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP GETS 12 MILLION TO PAVE ROADS!!!
I don't have any idea what it would cost to extend the water system through here, but the County will NOT pay for it. Hang on to your catchment systems. When they extended the mains down Paradise to the fire station, I believe they charged folks along the way over $3000 per meter to tie in. Quite a few of them passed on it and are still on catchment. The most that has even been discussed in the way of water in HPP is a place near the fire station similar to the new communal tap facility outside Pahoa, and that has only been mentioned in the abstract. Meanwhile, the Bear and I have adapted nicely to catchment.

quote:
its easy to see now that most people on this forum do support paving in hpp. The ones that dont support it are bystanders that are jealous because their subdivision is going to be all muddy while we carelessly stroll down our smoooth black roads.

Now that we are paving i think we will get county water too! that will really make our property nice.

Hmmmm... jealous? no. Sad yes. I lived in HPP for quite a few years BREE (Before real estate explosion). I worked in HPP a few years after that.

The changes in the next 5-10 years will make it all moot anyway. I will encourage those I can to build smaller and greener, suggest that children are not necessarily the answer, and keep living a simply lifestyle.

Pave or dont pave. Loca saya.
Malolo,
Mahalo for your comments!
See no one answer the "where you gonna go" question. Could it be you really don't give one s--- about the future of this island and the keikei? Just give me my roads,water,elec and cell/internet connection at any cost cause your old enough that you see the results of the mess you made!!!!!
The other question I have not seen one logical answer to is"why did you move here"??????????????
You should be paying higher property tax, goes w/increasing your property value! Can't have your cake and eat it tooooooooo.

should read; won't see the mess you made.

the roads will be paved and speed bumps can be put in at certian locations