Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITO vs KOA
Why is it so much more expensive to fly out of Hilo than Kona? The KOA-OGG Mokulele flight is $160, but but with Hawaiian Air or Go! ITO-OGG is $360, not a trivial difference. When we had IslandAir last year I used to travel this ITO-OGG round trip out for $120.

Is this because of a monopoly or unfair competition?

aloha
aloha
If you use the monthly view for Hi Air - I found plenty of fares for $84 to $150 (OW) so $168 to $300 RT.

It depends on the day you want to travel.
The more expensive flights that you may be looking at are Hilo-Honolulu-Kahului flights - the Hilo Kahului are usually a little less...

Rmember that the first few weeks of August are almost always high fare rate times, so do as Kat suggested & hit the little "See monthly view of fares" line that is below the big "book flight" &" Flight & Hotel" buttons (this line only appears after you have entered a lot of the info...so do not freak out if it is not there right away...
Thanks
I was using google flights which don't seem to be showing the same rates as on HA web.

aloha
aloha
Thanks! I hadn't heard of Google Flights. I was always hoping they would get into that business, it has great potential.
Rim Shot!!

Buh-dum-tish!
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile