Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa shopping center project interview
This topic has come up before however, I felt a new one was needed as the developer is asking for input from the local consumers.

http://www.bigislandchronicle.com/2013/0...more-35511

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
I read the interview and it seems like the architect/project mgr is trying to do it right.

Now lets see if the rules and regs force him to do it their way and screw it up.
"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."
-Dudley Field Malone
My prediction is more pessmist: they'll do their best to "get it right", and they'll negotiate most of the State/County rules/regs, but the project will be delayed by the roundabout construction, during which time the economy will falter (again/more/worse).

Look forward to a big vacant lot full of survey flags and a bit of concrete.
I think the roundabout and the "mall" will be completed by the end of 2015.

Look at longs. It's out performed all the other stores. I've seen them with #1 t shirts on... It's not the first time it's happened and it just goes to show that there are a lot of people out here with $.

Business's will look at the data and I'm pretty sure BK is doing well. I see this going in at full throttle ... I see this as a good thing... Not only giving people more options for Pahoa / Puna to spend their money and not having to drive into Hilo to do it, but to also bring in jobs to the local economy is a good thing.

Hopefully it does go though and we get our own KTA out here.
This interview has quite a bit of information. I am holding up hope that by the end of 2015, all this construction will be done. I'm really having a tough time grasping the plan for traffic flow in the entire area during and after road construction and shopping center construction!
I'd love to see the Post Office move to the center.
Personally, I don't want Safeway.
Here goes....I WOULD LOVE A COSTCO!
A vet hospital
Car parts store?
Wondering about a pet store.
Electronics store, like Radio Shack
Cellular phone business
Building Materials business!!!!
Pick and choose....too many to select.

I thought the most interesting part of this interview had to do with how they are going to re-arrange the traffic flow. Assuming everything he stated is accurate, that should at least make things "better" (not fixed, but at least better) than they are now.
Leilani Estates, 2011 to Present
"... I WOULD LOVE A COSTCO! ..."

Sorry, not gonna happen as long as people are willing to make the drive to Kona.

How about a Sams?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
If we are dreaming, how about a Trader Joe's?

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
While people are dreaming....
If population growth continues to accelerate in Puna, there will come a time in the not too distant future, that the highway will expand to 4 lanes and there will be a big box store here. Developers will seize the opportunity to build new apartments, condos, and SFHs. There will be new strip malls with office buildings and other services. Is this what people want? Be careful what you wish for.
Keep Puna Country! After they build my shopping center.