Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting used to Coquis
[quote]Last night the distant sound was of someone playing a guitar and singing. The people here consider themselves poor. To me, they are the few last truly rich left. /quote]

There is a family that lives on the other side of the jungle from me. The mother plays ukulele and sings Hawaiian songs. Some nights the music carries to my house and I love it. It is really magical.
Coquis and ukulele beats the absolute hell out of blaring Lynyrd Skynyrd.
That is a fact.
I doubt if anyone's hearing has been damaged by cocquis. As long as you don't let them live in your ears.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
I occasionally get one in my throat.....koffkoff!!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I doubt if anyone's hearing has been damaged by cocquis.

We'll find out for sure at the Kea'au Christmas Christmas Parade.
If anyone shows up at the Cookie Exchange with a saran covered plate of frogs because they thought it was a Coqui Exchange...
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thank you HOTPE! I'm still passing a dairy product through my olfactory organ ten minutes later.

For what it's worth, Little fire ants seem to keep the coqui population under check if you have enough of them.

I hope that's not why I haven't been hearing frogs the last couple of days here in Eden Roc.
They have been quiet in Nanawale the past few nights too. I didn't think it has been that cold at night lately. I'm not sure if the cool nights aren't bothering me or the coquis are getting wimpier. If the coquis aren't chirping at night, that usually means I have an extra blanket too lol.