Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG Great Food
We were going to try it last Saturday, but our plans got changed. We are still going to go, I don't know when yet. When we go, I'll write up out take on it.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
The service was friendly, food a good value. I agree with others that it was way too salty. I hope they improve the decor and come up with a more attractive menu. I'm sure some of the young people have computer skills and can do that. Good start though.

Markie
Markie
Well here is an update... for what it's worth.

We ate here for the second time over the weekend. Things were different, but I wouldn't say that they were better. In fact I would say that they had slid downhill a little bit. They had something more akin to a "real" menu this time and a lot of specials, and that was nice. They also fixed the salt problem that had been discussed previously.

Each of us (three) ordered different items as well as one appetizer. None of the meals came with any fresh ingredients which was a bit of a disappointment. When opening up my flatware which was wrapped with a napkin, there was a cockroach inside. It was twitching, which leads me to believe the place had been recently sprayed. Honestly I wasn't too wigged about that because we live in the tropics, but I couldn't put out of my mind that the flatware they replaced it with came from the same cockroach highway, or the same insecticide highway.

The worst part of the experience was that everything we ate was unbelievably bland. It made us wonder if it's all-salt or no-flavor experience.

Our service was great at 11:30, but at 12:10 the only two people working there were overwhelmed and had no idea how to deal with 5 tables and it was clear it was amateur hour. It actually took a lot of effort and time to pay our bill and leave. They also didn't bring all our food to the table until we reminded them of everything that we ordered. 2 of the 5 tables were the same party, as the KFC furniture is still there and the tables and chairs are bolted to the ground, there is no way to seat more than 4 people per table. They can't push them together.

"Location, location, location..." Our table had a view of the gas station and some derelict was passed out on the side of the building. After he had not moved for a long time, we requested that the waitress call for a welfare check. While she initially argued, she eventually said that she called it in. When Pahoa's finest didn't show up for about a half hour I started making my way over there to poke him with a stick or something and the cops showed up and discovered that he was alive and they told me that the gas station called them in.

All in all, we won't be rushing to go back there. It took forever to pay our bill and get some "to go" containers, and based on our experience, we fed it all to our animals. I hope that your experience(s) are better. In retrospect, we won't ever go back there, unless we get some solid indication that the place isn't... well... gross.

the cockroach in the flatware sealed it for me!

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
If this place doesn't make it...something else will when the new Bryson's shopping village opens.
I don't wish bad things on anyone...

But... Whenever I pass by and look it looks like the same KFC no cars parking / no customers. We went once... Grand opening, had the pull pork and chips half off I think it was 9 bucks so 4.50. Personally, even at half off I thought it was kinda expensive. I was in line and the locals behind me complained too about the high prices!

Have not been back since even tho we try to eat healthy and at home most of the time these days. If that place was a taco bell it would do good.