Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propane Gas Burner help
LOL .. I know ... love the jet engine comment ... don't care what anyone says, cooking for a living over one of these is damm hard work.

aloha,
pog
Well, I figured it out a few months ago and just wanted to follow up. The only reason I'm replying to this is if anyone else might need help. The problem was the regulator. I think we just use our stove too much -- 4-5 times a day. Our routine was to always turn the gas off at the tank. We never messed with the valve (on the stove) we just set it at med high mostly or adjusted it higher when needed.

Anyway, after taking it apart 4-5 times and each time I did it worked great a few times. When I took it apart the first time there was some grease and maybe a few small bugs jammed up in the valve port... Cleaned it and thought I fixed... Probably needed to be cleaned anyway as it seems to work better now then it was new.

Anyway long story longer... I noticed that "CLICKING" noise the regulator makes takes a lot longer to click then it did when it was new... What we do now for our lighting routine (extra step)... and it works for us.

Turn the Valve to OFF (extra step on the stove)... Turn on the gas (from tank) and wait for the regulator to "CLICK"... Usually the wait time is around 10 seconds or so. If you just used your stove once or twice a week you'd probably never have this problem. But we use it for EVERYTHING. Tea/coffee/Stir Fry/Pancakes/Pressure cooker/Etc...etc... So I think the regulator was getting old and SLOW from extra use...

Well, that was my problem! Couldn't be happier to have my tea and coffee pot whistle again in 2-3 minutes. Smile Thanks for all that replied. Didn't know that the regulator had to "CLICK" on before using it. Learn something new everyday.