Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stocking stuffers
I am flying to Mexico this winter break to spend my first ever Christmas with my grandsons, 2.5 years and almost 1 and I want to take some stocking stuffers. Raising my daughters the stockings were always the best part of Christmas morning and I want to continue that tradition. I am looking for small toys that will fit in stockings that will hold these guys' attention and stay in one piece for the next year. Where do I get these kinds of things in Hilo? I fly out Sunday night so I need to do this soon.

Thanks for your help.

Carol

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Hilo Hatties has some interesting knick knacks. Anything shiny will hold their attention at that age and something handcrafted has a better chance of surviving toddlers than something plastic. Bon Voyage!

Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
There are some cool Hawaii based books & small stuffed animals that go with the books at Basically Books... the quilt/ fabric store downtown has some really nice baby things (Hawaii fabric bibs, bottle holders & such) & Joys always has some neat small things... of course things like balls, stuffed animals & such are always fun, but for those young ones, make sure that the toys are safe for under 3 (of course Ross, WalMart & Target have fairly nice, but not really Hawaii, toys for under 3 children)

Kinda funny, yesterday at KTA some younger (but not as young as your grandkids) were on the floor slapping done POGs near the meat dept...still looks like fun!
Got both boys' teddy bears at Hilo Hatties,they were the best bears I could find here, but I am looking for the kind of small sturdy toys I bought for the girls' stockings, things like the little plastic button operated helicopter we got my oldest daughter that still worked 25 years later when we sold it at our moving to Hawaii garage sale.

We also gave a lot of model farm animals and tractors, wind up toys like little animals/bugs/fish/aliens or vehicles that you could wind up and chase all over the house. I have to fall back on plastic toys because everyone in the family had amazon ship the kids' presents to me and I am flying with it all using the one free check in bag you get when flying to Mexico, got to keep it under 40 pounds. I raised two amazing girls, who thank the heavens were not little pink princesses, but little boys are a whole new adventure for me. Their Dad is a mechanical engineer who works about 80 hours a week, so stuff he can do with the kids when he isn't working is a bonus, the block set last year was a big hit.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I found some really great stocking stuffers at Basically Books on the Bayfront, they had some nice things for grown ups too. I am so glad I did not have to brave the mall or any big box stores.

Carol
Carol

Polish Proverb
Your presence alone will be a terrific gift. Enjoyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!