Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phone Service
Adam79,

You bring up a very good point. Research within the companies is important. Good to know about T-Mobile's free roaming. I think I'll probably end up with T-Mobile or Verizon. I have personal issues with ATT (for one, they use the Death Star as their logo. If that isn't an admittance to being the Evil Empire, I don't know what is).... But I digress.

I've used a cell phone as my primary number with no landline for the past six years, so getting used to having a landline again might be weird for me. Then again, if I end up having to get DSL for the internet, it may be mute point...

"How do you know i am mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat "or you wouldnt have come here."
I forgot to mention...

T-Mobile just launched a service that can make location of cell towers a non-issue at home. There are two phone models available that can make calls off of a wifi signal in addition to the traditional cell towers. This means all you need is a decent high speed internet connection and your cell phone will work at your house. It uses your same cell phone number and the handoff is seamless both ways. Additionally, you can add unlimited wifi calling for as low as $9.99 a month. You can use any open wifi signal, not just the one at home. It is called Hot Spot @home and you can check it out in more detail at T-Mobile.com or at the T-Mobile store in Hilo.