Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you recommend a Chiropractor?
Thank you,Liz!
Just wanted to share my take on dr Lozano.
He and his wife are nice people.
Dr. Lozano's approach is non-force .Which is very safe,but could be very long.
Of course it depends on your individual situation,but it looks like 1 month or more visits are rather common :

"For the best results,the initial commitment is tree times a week.This consistency of visits is most essential during first part of Care.
Within the first month you will complete a reassessment questionnaire and we will discuss your progress towards a healthier,happier spine and nervous system."

(Direct quote from his hand-out printed material.Highlights are mine).

The first 2 visits you are along in the office.
On the third one (the dr warned me about this as their regular practice)I was in the same room with two other patients .No curtains or room dividers.
No big deal,but for someone it could be uncomfortable.

Other than that I would still recommend him to the people who don't care how much or how long.

How much does the good "doctor" charge for these visits, if I may ask?
The follow up visits are $35,the first one about $60.
I saw Lorenzo either 2 or 3 times about 1 1/2 yrs.ago. I had a back problem. He was very gentle at first, yes i also filled out the questionaire, and he recommended several visits. On either my second or third visit he felt my neck was out of line with the rest of my shakra to recieve the universal life force to promote healing, or something to that effect and could he adjust it, regretfully i consented. I had no neck problems before seeing him. I consented and now have a neck that cracks throughout the day and night whenever i move it since that last visit. So now besides a bad back i now have a f....ked up neck. I have since gone to Michael Ream and asked him to wrench my neck back the other way with the hope that my neck might be normal again, he gave me his adjustments and recracked my neck, it actually feels better and doesn't crack as bad as before.
I guess the moral of my story is be careful when someone messes with your shakra and universal life force. Hell i'll be happy when and if my neck is normal again, let alone my back.
Correction Lozano not Lorenzo.
It's dangerous quackery.

http://www.skepdic.com/chiro.html

If someone really needs a placebo, there are far cheaper and safer ones out there.
Dr. Klein in Hilo is my heartfelt recommendation~ My neck was in so much pain I wasn't sure what to do, got a recommendation from a massage place in Pahoa when I was searching for some relief (it was the weekend before Christmas). I took their advice and called Klein and am EVER so glad I did. After doing a good examination and asking all the right questions, he fixed me up quick and I was on my way, with almost complete relief (only the muscles were still giving some residual grief after having been tense for so long). They also (bonus!)have one of those really great massage chairs in the waiting room - the kind that does your calves and all. Wonderful office staff, thorough medical history, thorough diagnosis and great techniques - reflexive kinesiology and some other kind that I'll find out about next time. He's my chiro from here on in. Just behind Puainako Center, two story white house, 'Klein Chiropractic'. And he wasn't all about getting me two times a week for the rest of my life. Once, then a follow up. 75 first visit, 45 thereafter. Quackery Shmackery, sometimes you need a chiropractor. =)
Melissa Fletcher
Hey, Yurtgirl,
Is office visit still 45? I've got a friend who needs chiropractic adjustments badly.
SECRET KNOWLEDGE - "NOT FOR US TO KNOW"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qs9v-upWI
quote:
Originally posted by Green

I saw Lorenzo either 2 or 3 times about 1 1/2 yrs.ago. I had a back problem. He was very gentle at first, yes i also filled out the questionaire, and he recommended several visits. On either my second or third visit he felt my neck was out of line with the rest of my shakra to recieve the universal life force to promote healing, or something to that effect and could he adjust it, regretfully i consented. I had no neck problems before seeing him. I consented and now have a neck that cracks throughout the day and night whenever i move it since that last visit. So now besides a bad back i now have a f....ked up neck. I have since gone to Michael Ream and asked him to wrench my neck back the other way with the hope that my neck might be normal again, he gave me his adjustments and recracked my neck, it actually feels better and doesn't crack as bad as before.
I guess the moral of my story is be careful when someone messes with your shakra and universal life force. Hell i'll be happy when and if my neck is normal again, let alone my back.