Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping small packages from HI....
Hope I'm not too much out of line with this.
Does anyone here have a idea of the cost of shipping a small (12-13"x6"x6") box to IL. Way is open, USPS, UPS, FedEx. weight 10LBS.
The actual ship from point is the Philippines.
I am in the process of ordering some scale models for my collection and they want / charge $28-38 / box. Is this out of line.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Steve Martin

Eschew Obfuscation.....

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

USPS Priority Flat Rate is usually the least expensive to IL (ship more than monthly there) from here
The Large Priority Flat Rate box is 12.25 x12.25 x6 Outside (12x12x5.5 inside) and ships to all US locations w/weight limit of 70# (no regional add on) for $17.45 from the post office (cheaper -$15.80- if you print the mailing label with postage online, and you get free tracking & up to $50 insurance by printing it online)

That same Flat Rate INTERNATIONAL Priority box TO the Philippines has 20# and is $80.50 (online $76.50)

Have no idea what the Philippines PO charges, as our neighbors usually pick up from there...

Based on the foreign destination, and the cost difference above, I would say that the shipping is very reasonable....
[Smile]Thanks, just had to know. I felt that he was high and may have been using the postage for a little extra money, believe it on not some of those on E-bay do that, nah.

Was hoping that if it was sent to HI.and then forwarded it may be less. Guess he's a good guy [Smile]and I'll stick with him, as his items are quite unique for what I want.[8D]

Much appreciated.

rAy....

"I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons."
Douglas Adams

Eschew Obfuscation.....

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss