Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Cruz in concert
Last night Jayne and I went to the John Cruz concert at the Palace Theater in Hilo.
What a great show and he played for about 2 ½ hours. They showed a documentary film about his life first, this is story about a local boy who finally makes it big.
John was born and raised on Oahu then move the east coast including NYC. It was his dream to make it big in NYC only to find out he needed to come back to the islands to create his style of music.
He has two albums out and we think they are very good.
His father Ernie Cruz Sr. is a country western singer better known as the “Waimea Cowboy” and lives right by us in Hawaiian Beaches. He can also be seen performing at the Makuu Market on some weekends. His bother Ernie Cruz Jr. is also a singer and has a few albums out.
We first saw John when he opened for Los Lonely Boys at the Hilton last summer.
After the concert he came out in the lobby and signed CD’s and took pictures with his fans.
Also, for those of you who think that Mark Minica fell off the island and floated away, it’s not true.
Mark and his wife were at the concert also.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
quote:
His bother Ernie Cruz Jr. is also a singer and has a few albums out.

actually John's brother Ernie Jr. is probably more famous in the islands than the father or John. Ernie jr. with his neighbor, Troy Fernendez started a group called the 'Ka'au Crater Boyz'. Ernie named the group after Ka'au Crater that was behind their home in Palolo Valley.

Ernie's partner then, Troy F. plays his own style of Ukulele.check them out here at mele.com. Pick any of their songs on this CD. This is my favorite CD that they made.

http://www.mele.com/music/artist/ka%60au...s/on+fire/

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!