Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Health Service in Pahoa
A few of us have been working very hard for the last few months at putting together a new URGENT CARE clinic at The Malama Marketplace. It is slow going, but we are on track. We need about $200,000 to get the doors open. Fund raising is about to begin in earnest. More than anything else, we want our community to feel they OWN this facility. We will be located right next to Clinical Labs, and across the parking lot from Puna Pharmacy. We know it's needed, and we know it will work.
Dan
so, do you have physicians and nuses lined up or is it too soon for that?

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Everyone talks about the need for more health services in Puna.
Here's a chance to help make that happen. Every little bit helps.

Spread the word.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
A few of us have been working very hard for the last few months at putting together a new URGENT CARE clinic at The Malama Marketplace. It is slow going, but we are on track. We need about $200,000 to get the doors open. Fund raising is about to begin in earnest. More than anything else, we want our community to feel they OWN this facility. We will be located right next to Clinical Labs, and across the parking lot from Puna Pharmacy. We know it's needed, and we know it will work.
Dan

Dan Domizio did a great job as a mover and shaker gettign us the the Keaau Family Health Center. He has been in Puna through thick and thin, as has his wife (a nurse) and children. I met his wife through Malamalama Waldorf school and got to know his kids. Dan and his wife have traveled quite a bit with the Peace Corps years ago.

Please support their efforts!!!! We do need this facility!

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
quote:
Dan

Thank you all for your support. There are a number of faces familiar to the community who will be working at our facility. There are enough to start, but more staff will be needed before too long. This will all be posted when we get closer in.
We hope this small facility will help with immediate needs AND create a starting point in the establishment of the much larger, and more comprehensive facility Lower Puna needs. The will is there, the skills are there, all we need is money Smile

Blessings and thanks for your families contributions to our community.
If you email me or post here your criteria,
I would be happy to help with grant research.
I also have a fabulous hookup for your marketing if needed.

Is this going to be a volunteer based clinic?

Jean Hopper
Jean Hopper
Is this a non-profit? Thank you for spearheading this, Dan. We need to develop our own services in central Puna to reduce the back and forth between Puna and Hilo as much as possible. And, of course, with urgent care, time is of the essence.

We also need a really good vet clinic in that shopping center. Or at least I think we do.

The Puna Community Medical Center (PCMC) will employ all its staff, though there may be room for some volunteer activities; it is simply too early to be any more specific. PCMC will be a non-profit corporation with a board of directors from the community. When we have actually have the letter from the IRS in hand, we will more able to reach out to folks and to be quite open about what is happening. As I have said before, community "ownership" is an important objective.
Thanks again for all the interest and support.

And yes, a vet based locally would surely help. Anything to keep us off Rt130.
Dan