Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiiantel com Landline
I am out in the Hawaiian Shores on Popaa, dont have phone from Hawaiiantelcom land-line, anyone else not have phone???
Enjoy life, smile, show compassion and most importantly be grateful for the things you have!
www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com
I called Hawaiian Telcom yesterday, and they gave Paradise Park an Aug 30th commitment to have their landlines back up and running. I didn't understand much of what they told me, although I asked many questions, and even spoke with a supervisor. I ended up with the impression they did not want to say what is really going on:

When the power went down, their phone center back up generators switched on automatically. This is why many of us had working landlines throughout the storm and into Friday. Then the generators ran out of gas on Friday, and phone service has been down since. I asked if the problem was that HELCO had not yet provided power to these phone centers (there are many on the island that route calls) and was told, no. It also did not seem that downed lines were a large part of the problem. They had to replace parts and they have not been able to do that yet. I asked "what parts?" but they couldn't say. I suggested parts could be put on a plane and arrive in Hilo from the mainland in less thatn a day. They agreed with me on that. But still... apparently... no parts.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
There are piles of trunk lines on the ground with people driving over them. I don't think the cause is mystery. They are going to be chasing little shorts for a decade.
There were also piles of electric lines and Oceanic Time Warner cable on the ground as well. And yet, most people have their electric and cable up and running.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
We had no power for 9 days and hot nights in HPP, we had phone until last Thursday when someone must have cut the line doing cleanup. My husband is a substitute teacher and will not get any work without a phone, it is too late to get a cell number on this semester's sub lists, so he won't get any work until our phone is working again. The phone company can't or won't tell us when to expect phone again, so you've gotten better info than we managed to. Oceanic spent all day on our dead end street yesterday, but no sign of the phone company yet.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
csgray, I think a friend of mine in Nanawale is in the same predicament. She got Hawaiian Tel to forward the land line number to a cell phone, so no lost calls.

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
Carol, you can have hawaiiantel forward your calls to a cellphone. Thats what we are doing right now since they told us it would be Sept 6th before out area got phone service back. I called the repair line, reported our phone out & they asked if we wanted our calls forwarded, very easy to do. Wishing the best to you.
I live on Popaa in Hawaiian Shores and has not had my hawaiiantel phone on for a while now. My dad lives on moano in the Shores and they have had phone for three days now. The weird thing is that my phone rings and the caller id tells me whos calling and when I pick it up there is nothing but static.
I have called hawaiian tel they said it was a regional office problem and when they fixed it hawaiian tel would call me which they did call this morning but I cant take the incoming calls. Makes no sense just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem?
Enjoy life, smile, show compassion and most importantly be grateful for the things you have!
www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com