Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security companies?
Aloha everyone. I hope you are all keeping dry. I feel bad even asking when some people have lost their whole homes, but I'm at a loss. We have a vacation home in Leilani that has been broken into twice now, and it's just a matter of time before they come back. We can't get out there right now, and we'd like to keep what stuff we have left. We still don't have power, and the first thing they took was the water pump, so we won't even have water when the power comes back on, so I can't ask anyone to stay there. Are there any good security companies that we can pay to drive past our house every hour or so? Is that possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
Cindy
Every hour? That would cost more than replacing what has been stolen.

Does your house have any close neighbors? Have you ever met them or talked to them?
Is your house visible from the road? Homes that are not visible are more likely to be broken into.

edit:typo...
Sorry you are going through this. If I lived closer I'd keep an eye on it for you, but unfortunately I don't. Sorry to hear about your stress!
So Sorry - I know this cannot help you now but when power is restored. You may want to consider getting a live feed camera system. We have one at our home and we leave the home vacant for 6 months at a time. The negihbors on our block quite a few got robbed around the same time one year our home did not get touched. We can only assume a theif would be crazy to rob a house with a live camera taking their photo immediatly.

You can have the cameras on inbetween guests when the home is vacant. The systems are inexpensive I think our 4 camera one for our mainland home was under $300 and our 6 camera system for our Hawaii home was under $600. They are very easy to install, you can monitor remotely via url address live and plus the systems emails you a snapshop of any movement. Thieves would be crazy to rob you as there photo is taken immediatly and emailed to you. I guess the system cannot stop the thieves from robbing you but they most certainly will help to identify them and for insurance etc.

If interested let me know and I will give you the name of the company I purchased my systems through. They did ship to hawaii and when I got the system did not charge me outrageous shipping fees.

Belive me we rest so much easier knowing we have the camera system of course would not help in a power outage, but we have someone staying at our property now so it has not been vacant during this power outage.
freespirit,I would like the name of the company you reference above please. Also, how long have you had your system in place? Thanks in Advamce.

Enjoy the day! Ann
Enjoy the day! Ann
They sell them at Costco..here's a link.

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-96...20968.html
Thank you Rene! :-)

Enjoy the day! Ann
Enjoy the day! Ann
Aloha Ann, The system we have for both our homes is called Aposonic - we researched alot of different systems before we purchased from them. They are reasonable priced and their tech support will help you all the way setting it up and getting running. Since we got our system(s) my sister has gotten (2) systems for each of their homes also (Summer and Winter homes) She is very happy with them also. We REALLY are glad we have these camera systems. Here is the company and contact name of who I purchased from. Mention "Laurie from Hawaii" and Nelson (the person who both myself and sister purhcased systems from )may give you a discount - worth a shot anyways.

Nelson Shieh
Product Manager, Video Monitoring
Nu Media CCTV Surveillance Systems
20546 Carrey Rd
Walnut, CA 91789
Tel: 909-598-5061
Fax: 909-598-6491

These systems offer remote viewing, email snapshots of movement etc. Not every security systems offer this at a reasonable price. Very easy to operate once set up.