Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greggor Cancels Trip
If Gregor and his parents signed up for a group "tour' of Europe with room, transportation, and often even food and entertainment he won't get a cent back. Often when multi generational families travel together they buy a package so they don't have to figure the kinds of details on where, when, and how they travel that are needed if they do individual reservations.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Fair point, Carol. I've never booked one of those types of trip, I always do all the flight and accommodations bookings separately.
I feel bad for him losing his trip. As a comment (not to criticize), no one should buy a trip to Europe or anywhere without buying trip cancellation insurance. It's not expensive.

Kathy
TomK,
I always book my own travel, but if I ever travel internationally with a whole bunch of family across several generations I would do the package deal.

I agree with Kathy about trip insurance, although I will admit I learned it the hard way when my mother in Indiana died while I was at my daughter's wedding in Mexico and I got screwed by United on changing flights so I could go to my mother's funeral. I hate United to this day for what how they treated me.

Carol

Polish Proverb
Carol

Polish Proverb
Carol - a few years ago United treated Pam so badly, a disabled person, I have also vowed never to fly with them again, but this is getting a little off topic now, but wanted to get that in there!

United sucks.

Kathy
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

Isn't that kind of special that Ilagan was heading off to a victory celebration vacation to Europe, and get away from all the problems in his district, getting some much deserved rest after a difficult campaign?

BS, he was cutting out in case he actually had to work or make a real decision. He is a state employee, he should have known his vacation trip to Europe was canceled by coming under a State of Emergency in his district...

pahoated - you are way off base and out of line.

I highly doubt that this rather fine young Councilor planned a family trip to Europe in the last couple of weeks. Most likely, it was planned many months ago. Passports and visas take time to acquire, especially for people that have never had a passport before.
He is not a state employee either. He is a County employee.