Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comic relief
I know these are trying times for everyone, so I hope I don't offend anyone with a little levity.

The current flow will impact me directly, and if you believe the current projections, may even be coming to my neighborhood soon.

One way to cope for me is to laugh. This USA Today headline provided just the comic relief (for a second I thought it was the Onion!):

LAVA FLOWS NEAR HONOLULU SUBDIVISION

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nati.../15507969/
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Think their editors may have caught the error cause now it reads "Raw: Lava flows near subdivision".

Even that is pretty poor reporting. Which subdivision might be important?? Yahoos.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
I saw that too. Lava at Waikiki!
Andrew, if you click on the video it will say "Honolulu Hawaii" in the bottom left hand corner.

Apologies for this silly thread and my feeble attempt to divert some of the sadness. Even in the worst case scenario, my family will survive and move on. But my heart goes out to all my neighbors, especially the folks who have limited options. I'm here to help anyone I can for as long as possible.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
That is just too funny, thanks for sharing.

I just got off the phone with my brother in law who relayed to me some of the news coverage he is seeing, he didn't even realize we are potentially affected and he has been here to visit many times.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Regarding the flow, I've just had a friend ask if it'll affect Pearl Harbor. Sooo...
In any event, Ka'ohe Homesteads is NOT a subdivision. It is all Royal Patent Grant land, with some parcels as large as 100 acres. It was created long before there were such things as subdivisions; there was no developer, no infrastructure, no community assn or bylaws or CCRs.
Haha yep I see it. Oh man ... Shakes head

quote:
Originally posted by punafish

Andrew, if you click on the video it will say "Honolulu Hawaii" in the bottom left hand corner.

Love the only comment: "Wrong island guy!!!"