Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Beaches/Shores
With all the focus on Pahoa and 130 lava crossing there's also a potential with the current flow to head right down the middle of Hawaiian Beaches/Shores.
If that happens, power may indeed become an issue in that subdivision below the flow. I'm not attempting to minimalize the Pahoa issue as everyone inundated will face severe hardships.
I mention this because of the size of the Beaches/Shores subdivision and a probable power outage as soon as a main feed power pole is burned out and the wire ends up on the flow. This will as it did when the power went out with Iselle introduce a tough situation to contain, looting and burglary wise.

As narrow as that subdivision is, if the lava goes down the middle looting will be the least of people's worries.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
guard dog on property signs could help. they make ones that are visible in the dark with reflective paint. i also have seen fairly inexpensive solar powered motion detectors.

many folks are already transporting and storing many of their valuables off property. limbo can be so very challenging.
Shay
Check in on your elderly neighbors and see how they are doing. Some of mine are just sitting around and saying "wait and see". I am worried about them.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Black Sands has a group of people who are getting organized to be able to keep track of their elderly neighbors, people who are medically fragile, and anyone else they need to keep an eye on. The people in that neighborhood can't afford to leave, they have to take care of each other and are doing a good job of getting it set up.

Carol

Polish Proverb
Carol

Polish Proverb