Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's give Rob a break
Everyone who lives here in Puna is really on edge, and that is showing in some of the posts. In addition we do have a lot of people who recently flooded into Punaweb and don't know anything but Punaweb under these extraordinary conditions. Maybe before hitting the send button people could stop and think: "Is this going to make Rob have to play hall monitor?"

It is really easy to sucked into tit for tat petty arguments over semantics, or whatever. Maybe we can all just cool it a little for Rob, if not the whole community. The last thing he really needs to have to waste his precious time on right now is Punaweb squabbles.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Amen! It shouldn't take a crisis for people to come together and help one another[Smile]
Exactly. I've wanted to buy Rob a beer for at least the last several months, but I don't have enough bandwidth to upload one to Punaweb...
Considering all he is undoubtedly doing to pack up his home and business, I cannot imagine how little time he has to play babysitter. Even I have been trying to reign in my smart okole.
Guess it's all relative, but I don't think Rob has banned lots of people over the years. He's actually been pretty forgiving imo.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
To the best of my knowledge, not counting Chinese spammers, I have banned about five people in ten years. A low rate. I have suspended membership for various periods of time. Some have left of their own accord. Tiffany Hunt for example says she will not post here again. Her choice. She is on the active member list and can post... same goes for a few others.

I appreciate any call for dialing down bickering, name calling and uncivil discourse.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
That may not work as expected. I use Exede, and it shows my IP address in Louisiana, even though my account, my computer, and I are all on the BI. Other ISPs may have similar quirks.

quote:
Originally posted by pahoated
<snip>but turning the IP into the city and country of origin under the username would start showing how many of these are outside meddlers, getting their kicks from a slow motion disaster movie.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >(>
I totally agree. Tensions are running really high. What I suggest is to turn those emotions into how we can help others, once we have helped ourselves.
You might have an old neighbor that is home bound, and wants to stay. Stop by, check on them to see if they need meds or groceries. Share your food with those that do not have a way out, share the extra generator to help a family with kids.
There are many ways to help our Ohana, during this difficult time.
Strength is only achieved through unity.
Once you help someone the inner peace within you, and the knowing that you helped someone in need, is exhilarating!

punalvr
punalvr
Rob - do you need help moving anything? if we can help, let us know.
Mahalo for the offer, I'm in good shape. Luckily this is a slow motion event.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator