Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances of new market opening?
Anyone have any leads on the possibility of a larger market like malama opening back up in Pahoa? It must be a shame to only have the 'natch & 7-11
Not gonna happen until the buildings can be insured
You gotta wonder if they can ever be insured?
Or at this point, can anywhere in the greater Pahoa area be insured?
Obviously flow fronts can move & stop; unpredictable.
It seems to me like there's a void that could be filled at this juncture... And it doesn't have to reopen in the malama mart building
I think the point is if you need such a convenience it's time to consider moving. And, over the next year or two the entire makeup of the area is going to reflect the reality of living on an active volcano, verses the make believe suburbia the housing and real estate industries, and of course the tax collector, were hoping to realize.
And of course the tax collector were hoping to realize>>>>>>>
That's funny...

About the 'convenience'- this is the deal.. A lot of people in the neighborhood where my place is, don't have power.
Not real on the grid power, and thus no refrigerator. Living out of ice boxes and coolers.
So having an actual grocery store accessible has been advantageous.
But I do understand everyone's point about planning, get everything in one trip etc.
Just hope you don't buy too many perishables in 'one trip' if you can't store them in a freezer/fridge.
Maybe a smart entrepreneur here with a bit of business savvy can open up a food truck ( s ),refrigerated,much akin to a lunch wagon .
In this case a mobile malama market with basic grocery items .Maybe 2 or 3 daily and get list from the customers as to what they actually need except no alcohol and no cigs and be the replacement of malama grocery.