Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinner Cruise okay in Hilo Bay?
I still have 5 seats for tomarrows Waterfall tour at 11 for $30 for a couple special PunaWebbers.

We plan to have an intimate exclusive dinner service and offer a less expensive happy hour Pupus type Pua Hana Whale cruise before starting in November.

I look forward to meeting those who are coming out to the waterfalls with us tomarrow.

Shane Turpin
Lava Ocean Adventures
quote:
OK, I looked around a bit and even on the other side of the island, the most expensive dinner cruise was around $83 per person and it includes a show, so I would definitely find a way to scale the pricing back if you have any hopes of attracting tourist or locals.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. They are charging "Sport Fishing" half day prices for a dinner cruise!?!? Yet they will keep throwing their trolling line out as long two legged Puna fish & tourist keep biting at that price!

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
A big MAHALO to Shane and crew for an interesting trip! Too bad no other punawebers participated. I am sure work got in the way…

Scott and I went on the Lava Ocean Aventures “Lono” catamaran Hamakua waterfalls trip today. We left the harbor at about 10:45AM and got back around 2:15PM an even longer then scheduled trip!. Although we are adventurous, it was “hold on” most of the trip. Although I never felt unsafe or fearful, it is not for those who are uncomfortable in a boat or in a choppy ocean. It is a great trip if you want to feel and taste the sea!

The trip was pretty much a speed trip to Laupahoehoe Beach Park and then a much slower return. On the return, the captain craftfully slowed the vessel many times to take pictures of the wonder falls along the coastline.

Captain Shane and first mate Dan are very pleasant and talk about the history of the island along the way. They are courteous, knowledgeable and very passionate about their tour!

I will recommend this trip to our more adventurous family and friends.

Thanks again Shane and crew!

Susan
Susan
Shane, Just caught this new topic. I hope you can get some work for the new boat.

NOT trying to sound insulting but gonna' say what I think people might be feeling.

You can pour your heart and soul into a well written post but poor spelling is hard for some folks to get around.

It connotes a less than professional image and attitude to you and your business. This type of stuff just will not fly with the folks you are looking to work with.

Just doing a quick double check of everything would be a good first start in getting people to take you more seriously ....... Unless you just don't care.

Trying to help on the most basic level,
pog

quote:
Shane, let me clarify something with you. Since I saw your remark over on one of the Super Ferry threads. I'm not an extremist, nor am I a "tree huggar", I'm just for the little guy,whether it be the small handicapped kids sitting in the back of the classroom being teased. Could be a protected species of some kind too. In your case the small guy is the tourist, or the locals that you try to "Oaky Doke" with your prices!

Personally, I would hope you could/would lower your price to make it more affordable so more people could experience your cruise that you offer.
In Honolulu, I never saw a boat more than $75.00 a trip!

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
I don't think that price should matter. If people book, then they book. If they don't, then the company goes away. The price should only match the service given, so that should be the important point.

Make it like the Boogie Boat that used to go out of Konam $10. open bar and a band, rock n splash.
Anyone rember the Boogie Boat?

KEEP PUNA RURAL
quote:
They won't let me "edit" any more, so have to add a post. Here are the ducks: http://www.ridetheducks.com/

For those editing challenged persons of persuasion, Glen and April! LOL

Attention to Editing: You must be logged in to this site, so that the tool bars appear on the top of your already posted post! Only the author or the moderator can edit a post. The paper and pen icon is the edit button.

An observation here, while typing this reply in the message box, just before posting the new reply, you do not get the icons. Only after your post is listed, and you are logged in do you have the tools to edit, delete et al.

Love the ducks! They are from Oregon, no?

Someone else will have to do the spell check tutorial as I'm spelling adverse!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA