Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinting house windows
I want to get a couple of oddly shaped windows in my house tinted since the sun comes through pretty strong in the afternoon. They are about 11 feet off the floor.
Anyone have something like this done can give some recommendations?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Just get some auto tint sheets and trim to fit?
I would cut big and do it early morning before sun hits glass and expands it. Make sure glass is super clean of dirt and dust and start from middle, squeegee out towards edge and keep it wet with recommended stuff, leave no bubbles. If big pieces, I would roll it up "scroll style" so long side middle is between the rolls and do one side at a time, or back and forth.
Once you are at the edge all around, go back and trim, final squeegee and climb down safely to admire your work!

Community begins with Aloha
Well, I went to Home Depot and got some window tinting film. It actually went up pretty well. I did it early this morning, it will be interesting to see how well it does this afternoon. I have enough to do a couple more windows if this stuff works.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I would call Alumside and ask them who does it. I don't think they do but they referred me to someone years ago that could tint home windows. You want someone with experience to get a good result.