Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how warm
wow, ask and ye shall receive, spot on. thank you, TomK.

yes, i see that about warming being more noticeable at higher elevations (above 2600 ft.).

this is also of interest - "Most of the warming is related to a larger increase in minimum temperatures compared to the maximum—a net warming about 3 times as large— causing a reduction of the daily temperature range."

basically, most of the warming change can be seen in the minimum temperatures.

"The greater warming trend at high elevations threatens water resources and may have significant ecological impacts such as the spread of avian disease, decreased rainfall and cloud water, and threats to native forests."

the reference to avian disease also caught my eye. 15 years ago up here (yes, Volcano area) i would literally spot only a few mosquitoes a year lethargically buzzing around in the warmest summer months. since then their numbers and presence have gradually increased closer to year-round, though still nothing so numerous and aggressive as most lower elevation areas. distressingly, i have the impression that the spectacular presence of the birds thriving in this neck of the woods has gradual decreased a few notches over the same time period.
Glad that helped. I'm running on empty right now so haven't found newer stuff, but you piqued my interest, so will let you know if I find anything. Vice versa I hope.
Just a tease of things to come,muggy warm .
But to those not used to this sort of weather,it seems unusual and or new.
We thinks the drought of winter 2016 will be more than 4 to 6 months in duration .

In the 1930s year forgotten,was severe drought lasting over 14 months in duration in puna and east hawaii the island.
Might be a repeat pattern from yesteryear.

Mrs.Mimosa