Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
development in HOVE
PGV is willing to sell additional electricity for under ten cents per kwh. So forget the high-priced solar .
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

PGV is willing to sell additional electricity for under ten cents per kwh. So forget the high-priced solar .

I hear they are working on the new PGV expansion already. Do we know when its scheduled to be operational?
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

From the article:

"Solar Hub filed for the permits for the project in 2012 and contracted with Hawaii Electric Light Co. to sell the electricity at 23.6 cents per killowatt hour."
- - - - - -
That should be the reason why not to allow it. That price does nothing to lower the consumer's cost of electricity in Hawaii.

Why should you have a say and why should you get to benefit.

I didn't get anything when you moved in or built your house.

It would be poetic justic, if the local residents manage to stop the development, the company sells to some methheads.
quote:
Originally posted by lavalava
I hear they are working on the new PGV expansion already. Do we know when its scheduled to be operational?
It's not an expansion, it is a new plant. Just because it is next door doesn't mean an expansion, legally. Has it even been announced exactly where it is going to be located? The early rumor was that it was in another huge ag lot next to the one the PGV lease is in. This is going to be years in the construction, so if all you hear is quiet, then nothing has started. There is probably a formal start of construction needed from PUC and they are looking at a lot of shuffling. The 25MW from this new plant will not be tied to ACC and will be sold by PGV to HELCO at industry rate of around 10 cents/kilowatt-hour.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Why should you have a say and why should you get to benefit.

I didn't get anything when you moved in or built your house.

-------
mtviewdude...The PUC DOES have a say in which electric generating projects get approved or not and if they approve a project that raises the cost of electricity to consumers instead of lowering the cost, that is a big problem.
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

quote:
Originally posted by lavalava
It's not an expansion, it is a new plant. Just because it is next door doesn't mean an expansion, legally. Has it even been announced exactly where it is going to be located? The early rumor was that it was in another huge ag lot next to the one the PGV lease is in. This is going to be years in the construction, so if all you hear is quiet, then nothing has started. There is probably a formal start of construction needed from PUC and they are looking at a lot of shuffling. The 25kW from this new plant will not be tied to ACC and will be sold by PGV to HELCO at industry rate of around 10 cents/kilowatt-hour.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"

It's going makai of the exisiting plant and the earth moving/site prep has already begun.

BTW - How much of the price break per KWH will trickle down to the people? I would like to pay $0.10 per - can I cut out the middle man and buy directly from PGV?
I could sell you some from Oregon at $.081, but you'll have to work out the shipping yourself...

We are everywhere...
...we are everywhere...
I would like to pay $0.10 per - can I cut out the middle man and buy directly from PGV?

Yes, if you sublease part of the PGV plant to build your house -- only HELCO is allowed to transmit power across a TMK boundary.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

I would like to pay $0.10 per - can I cut out the middle man and buy directly from PGV?

Yes, if you sublease part of the PGV plant to build your house -- only HELCO is allowed to transmit power across a TMK boundary.

Sounds like a monopoly to me.