Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car dealership questions
been looking at cars and know the warranties are only as good as the dealers here. i have heard horror stories about suzuki. anyone have any warrenty issues with honda/toyota/suburu here in hilo town you would like to share? mahalo, linnette

Apologies in advance that my answer here won't exactly answer your question.

Just wanted to mention that my 7-year-old Mazda Protege hasn't had the first hiccup ...despite the fact that I abuse the heck out of it and treat it more like a pick-up than the sedate little sedan it was designed to be.

I drive some of the worst roads, loaded down with some of the heaviest/ most-precarious loads imagineable, and still it keeps zooming along.

This is not to say that all Mazdas are created equal, of course. I'm just one happy extremely-lucky customer. And ten years down the line when I decide to trade it in, I'll probably get another.

Good luck in your search, Linnette!

the Honda dealership is up and up. But I don't think factory warranties are enough protection these days. There are so many things that can go wrong with these complex cars that aren't covered by the basic. After reading what "bumper to bumper" excludes, I bought the extended care.

That way there is nothing to discuss. it is covered.

thank you malolo and kathy. thats what i hear the exclusions for wear and tear can cover just about anything so it is as far as the dealer wants to push it... and malolo my brother loved his mazda for years! looking for good gas mileage and a small wagon appreciate your replys...

hi lquade, --
actually I didn't mean exclusions for wear and tear, never ran into that, but then I never worked my car that hard and Hondas now are designed to go long long times without much servicing.

I meant the "power train" warranty doesn't cover all parts of the car. Bumper to bumper makes it sound like it does.

People I know love their Mazdas and I myself drove a Mazda 389 for some 13 years. Only went to the dealership once, with a friend. It turned out her problem was a daughter who had run her car over a rock, so the problem was on her and no blame to the dealership!

One thing you want coverage on here is the A/C system. I think they wear out prematurely because we run them year round. Mine had to be essentially replaced after 4 years (but only 30,000 miles) and that repair alone paid for the extended warranty.

I swear by Toyotas. The dealerships here have been wonderful. About two years ago while I was running errands in Hilo, I broke my car key off in my old toyota camry's ignition (IN THE POURING RAIN!). The dealer sent the courtesy van to get me and they were able to pull out the little piece still in the ignition, make a key. Didnt even charge me for the key. Over all I took up about an hour of their time, and they gave me a simple "our pleasure" no charge!

Edited by - kapohocat on 12/09/2007 11:09:20
I have had excellent experience with the Toyota parts department. I was shocked to find I could buy parts there for my Tacoma truck cheaper than at the Auto Parts stores here in town. They are well stocked friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to use Toyota for all my car buyg needs, except I have two totyoa trucks not that will probably never need to be replaced!
Pam

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"