Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fern Forest - dangerous? Or not!
I have lived in Fern Forest 11 going on 12 years,before that Oahu.Anyway,I remeber the times when there was no pavement and no one ever came in here unless you belonged in here.Even the police would not come in here! Now they do,but reluctantly.Yeah,lots of gunfire in the past.It was the wild west.There were lots of vets.It is changing though,more yuppies now,changing atmosphere.Although there have been 6 home invasions, that I know about recently,and some not reported to police.People are unhappy about it too.People out here like it rough,and are concerned it won't stay rural.No one out here wants people clear leveling their entire lots.People like their privacy out here.And realators do have trouble selling out here,unless they aren't honest.Lots of theifs too here,poverty can do that to people.If you are new,never leave your place unattended!!!Sorry,but that is the truth of this subdivision.I still love it here and am rooted in like a tick on amoose,LOL.Except for the helicopters , of course!!! Anyway,HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone......

Edited by - thunderfoot on 12/18/2007 11:28:08
I'm amazed no one has mentioned this recent incident.

"Big Island police are hunting for a 48-year-old O'ahu man who allegedly attacked an acquaintance in the Fern Forest subdivision in upper Puna last weekend."

-----------------
Coming home soon!
Thunderfoot, I met your son and stopped by your place to pick up some palm trees you were selling a ways back. I never got to meet you though. You are so right on about the subdivision being very rual. Some parts of the roads look more like trails or paths. If you still have trees for sale I'd be interested this spring in buying some.
Nate
Nate SC,no I stopped doing the nursery fundraising aspect of the Native American Center.It wasn't worth the effort when there are already so many nurseries.But thanks for writing,and hoping your holidays are sweet!