Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue And Gold Macaw
The owner found out because it was posted on their community on-line bulletin board.

The owner recently moved here from Maui.He lived in a place where he could allow the bird free flight.He has had the bird for 17 years and was trying to get the bird accustomed to free flight here .
quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

If it was up to me, breeding and selling these magnificent creatures would be a felony as it is in parts of Brazil, punishable with 10 years prison.

Macaws are not hardwired to think independently, only in relation to the other birds in the flock, each plays a crucial role such as sentry.

Thanks for saying these things most will ignore all you said, LOOK A SQUIRREL, attitude............Your concern is duly noted and appreciated.

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

This was posted on Facebook last night about 9 or 10 last night.

Obie, still know how to reach the owner? Looks like Coco got lost again. (Or maybe it made it way back home)

Facebook Post:If someone has lost a Blue And Yellow Macaw it flew over 13th st between Kaloli and Paradise. Closer to Paradise. Was still there after dark in the trees tonight
There is a blue and gold and also a scarlet macaw that visit us in Orchidland and we've been told they live in HPP. Some people allow their macaws to free range like some do with pigeons. The B&G is bolder but the scarlet is never far away.

May not be the same bird(s) but it fits within their range.
i know the guy that owns the 2 birds in Orchidland. He lets them fly and says they always come back home.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
They like to come and visit with our macaws. Do you know their names? One of them says "Star" a lot so my wife has been calling it Star.
None of the birds from the ocean up to several hundred feet are native. The introduced birds that have been released for the past two hundred years are much hardier and stronger than the Hawaiian birds used to be. So far, over 600 Hawaiian bird species have gone extinct and about 300 more are on the endangered list, many of these only left on Hawaii island. Every type of introduced bird has taken away an environmental ecosystem that each Hawaiian bird relied on. Macaw and myna are very aggressive birds, and don't have problems dealing with feral cats, mongoose, dogs, and the doves aren't any threat. It's funny that people call this coast area a 'jungle' when almost 90% of the vegetation is junk vegetation from around the planet, not native. But actual jungles of South America have parrots and macaws so the malihini in their distorted view see macaw 'fitting' in the Hawaii island ecosystem, especially since the ecosystem has been modified to fit malihini views rather than the natural island ecosystem.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
from one malihini to another - when I have my meltdown, I hope you are within reach
So... anybody know the names of the free range Orchidland macaws?