Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
big changes at Orchidland True Value
The store is getting a remodel and makeover and they are carrying a lot more items including a larger garden center, a real livestock feed section, and others. The whole store is currently a bit disorganized as they move stuff around. It looks like they are replacing the fixtures and store shelves too.

We talked to them about what sort of livestock feed they are going to carry and they ordered a bunch of stuff that we use regularly. The prices are good, about a dollar more per 50# bag than going to Hilo but without the drive and drama or that horrible Del's "parking lot".

If there is something that you use regularly you would like to see them carry, you can go to the truevalue.com web site and get the SKU# and ask if they will carry it, and tell them how many a month you need. With warehouses, barges, etc, it could be a month before it shows up.
Good for them! We love that store. Glad to see they are doing well.
That's great news! We checked prices at Pahoa Feed and Miranda's for chicken feed.
Miranda: 32$ for 50# of Layer Pellets and 50# of scratch
Pahoa Feed: 32$ for 50# of Layer pellets. ( no scratch)
So, we've been doing Hilo once a week.
For 1$ more per 50#, will gladly buy at Orchidland!!
$18.99 for 50# of layer pellets at Orchidland.

I don't know what the secret sauce is on the pricing, but most things we got were $3 more than the livestock feed price on the mainland truevalue web site. They weren't able to get the compressed hay in the last order but maybe on the one a month from now.

ETA: If you are planning to buy livestock feed from them, let them know quantity and frequency so that they order enough.
Kenney, Pahoa Feed has odd pricing.
I get 50 pound two way scratch for about 22.00 from them, Walmart has 35-40 pounds for three way scratch, for about 16.00.
Miranda's orchard grass for my sheep is 42.00, whereas Pahoa Feed is 52.80.
I usually shop Miranda's, Dell's and Walmart.
Even though is a hassle, I get to save quiet a bit of money.

punalvr
punalvr
You ever want a blast from the past, stop by the Ikeuchi True Value in Honoka'a. Old school plantation store for sure. They even still use the old rolling wall mounted ladders. I love the Ikeuchi's too....great folks!

AKpilot

We're all here, because we're not all there!
We're all here, because we're not all there!
Punalvr, 2 way is 14$ at Miranda's. That makes the layer pellets around 18$, and it's not from China.
I like Pahoa Feed people, just can't afford their prices for the volume of feed we need.
Honoka' a Ace sounds great AKpilot. Not many old style stores left on the island anymore...
Pahoa Feed has odd pricing.

No more "odd" than Malama; in both cases, the insurance is very very expensive, because they're downslope from an active lava vent.

I have often thought that the C zoning should be moved into a less disaster-prone area, but we have this PCDP with "regional town centers" already planned out...
Pahoa feed has high prices because they buy their feed from Mirandas and re sell it. They cannot afford to bring in an entire container at a time. I buy hay there so I don't have to drive into Mirandas. Its $8/bale more at Pahoa feed (thats what they tack on to the price they paid at Mirandas).

Dave at True Value has been really great about working with me to order in the livestock feed I need. I drove the truck into the warehouse, they loaded me up, and off home I went.

Also I wanted to add that the feed he's getting in is the same brands I buy at Dels and mirandas.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com