Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a dentist...
Anyone have a good recommendation?

Thanks!

Advanced Dental Concepts...Dr Jack Jorgensen, Vancouver Washington. Yep...Dentists here are like Doctors here (very few are taking any new patients). I use my airline miles and fly to Portland for major stuff. I get teeth cleaning locally. When it can take up to 6 weeks here to get a tooth extracted...it's time to look off island.
Yeah, I hear ya, and I just was in portland not too long ago. I was even considering Kona or flying back to my old dentist in Honolulu but, I doubt he is there. They have a bunch of them in Hilo...

Anyone hear of Ken Yamashiro, DDS - Hilo, HI? I made an appointment for next week. Junno, he had a few good reviews on google. Doesn't really mean much to me. Rather have a few people from here that could vouch for someone. I fly back to oregon often, at least once a week the check up on business, thanks for the tip, I'll stop by and check them out! Smile
I like Chris Igawa. He's at 91 Lanihuli St, 935-8909.
They are all really nice there.
1 island 2 another
In the Portland area...there is a dentist office on just about every street corner. They're actually offering discounts for new patients! And the guy I referred does everything from cleaning teeth to dental implants and can do crowns in 1 hour. All insurance accepted. Welcome to the 21st century! [Big Grin]
I don't know if he's taking new patients, but I do know that Dr. Charles Sugiyama in Hilo is a great Dentist. I have been seeing him for over 20 years, and he has met every one of my dental challenges with skill. I really cannot recommend him highly enough. I have actually changed jobs if they didn't have HDS in order to keep him as my dentist, and now that I'm retired, I pay HDS directly in order to keep him as my dentist. I think he takes all major dental plans.
Good luck finding someone you can trust for excellent care!
Guy Rapoza - Big Isle Smile.