Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
empty houses
No James I'm not poking your subdivision, but there are open homes which John says could qualify for such assistance, why not?
Anyone who qualified for such quarters would be screened, and they come with tight restrictions on antisocial behavior. They could hui the child raising chores, allowing parents to seek jobs/jobskills in Hilo, an easy busride.
Gordon J Tilley
Yeah, gtill, I think we're on the same page.
There are some valid ideas here about why it's needed and how it can work. Getting families in a home so they know where they're going to eat, sleep, and shower, plus grouping them with others with the same needs like childcare and transportation- yes! The families would be able to help each other.
Seems that with all the changes happening in the islands, people are losing their connection with one another and that is when problems happen. The whole "ainokea" bs is just a way of dealing with feeling like they don't matter. I want to see less ainokea and more aloha.
Hawaii wants to be known as a place for families, whre they're all about the keiki- so let's make it that!

Breathe. Relax. Focus.
Breathe. Relax. Focus.