Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downtown Pahoa vs Honokaa (what's the difference?)
This video shows some of Pahoa's finest having an emergency meeting in order to discuss current issues and combat the Mob mentality that was forming.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/0...fter-fire/

Anything like this happening in sleepy Honokaa?

The many keiki and business owners throughout the Pahoa area deserve better. The civil forfeiture program used by the police or D.A should be able to help communities like Pahoa's, especially in times like these. The money or property that's been seized over the years under the program should now be redistributed back into communities or districts like Puna's. In other words they should clean up the drug and homeless problem in Pahoa, rebuild the towns theater and hire beat cops with the money that's been seized from the forfeiture program. jmo
I like Pahoa just fine! Head to Uncle Roberts and Kehena whenever I can, I was just shocked at how quickly things have changed and wondered if anyone had any ideas of why. Didn't mean to offend.

AKpilot

quote:
Originally posted by Slow Walker

quote:
Originally posted by AKpilot

Reading everyone's discussion regarding a "Beat Cop" in Pahoa brings up something I have wondered for the past little while.

I used to spend half the year in and around Pahoa about 5-6 years ago. It was my haunt for a solid 2 years. I adored it and proudly called myself a Punatic! It had this wonderful goofy, quirky, country feel to it. Lopsided sidewalks, Hippy shops, pizza joints, a marvouls Italian restaurant with mismatched tables and plates a grocery store reminiscent of the little grocery stores of my childhood. I was occasional approached by a polite guy or gal wondering if I wanted some Pakalolo, but they never hassled me. Pahoa positively bustled! I was no downtown Hilo, but I remember every store front was occupied.

Back then I made a few trips to Honokaa and it was a dead as a doormat. Most storefronts vacant and some even abandoned.

Now I live near Honokaa and the place is growing leaps and bounds. We are pulling to gather as a community in ways I am so proud of. We are beating the dust out our little town and good things are on the horizon.

I have been shocked at my trips to Pahoa before and after the Lava flow. The heart seems to have disappeared from little Pahoa. It seems like old Honokaa, sad, forgotten and lost. I don't feel unsafe there, but I have lived in the bad parts of a few major metropolisis.

What do you guys think happened?

AKpilot

We're all here, because we're not all there!

Your problem is easy to solve. If can Can If no can No Can.

If you like Pahoa please come by... If you dont like Pahoa pass us by.

PS. I am a "she." [:X]

quote:
Originally posted by Chas

quote:
Originally posted by Linchpin
Just what exactly was his problem that can so easily be solved with a can? A can of what?

He "can" solve his problem by employing the "can/no can" principle.
[Big Grin]

quote:

Apologies for my ASSumption![B)]
quote:

[:I] I stand abashed and compunctious.
We need a "foot in the mouth" emoji.