Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's the deal with the Panda costume
Someone in Safeway today wearing a panda costume carrying a piece of bamboo. I never got close enough to ask (didn't want to). Was it a promotion or something?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Probably an earth day promotional gig.. earth day is the 22th
I wonder if this explains the delays on highway 11 today. There were large backups in the late afternoon and evening. At one point google maps showed three separate crashes between Hilo and Keaau, all in the Keaau-bound lane. People sacrificing their cars for healthier and greener options?

Hope no-one was hurt, but the consequences were lots of cars backed up and converting gasoline into greenhouse gasses.
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Someone in Safeway today wearing a panda costume carrying a piece of bamboo. I never got close enough to ask (didn't want to). Was it a promotion or something?

Lol, why didn't you just ask the guy? You clearly wanted to know what he was doing.......

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
I stopped and talked to the "Panda". The bamboo was actually a bong and the guy in the suit mistakenly thought it was a monk seal costume. He got his dates mixed up, he thought it was 4/20. He also thought he was in Pahoa.
terra...funny funny funny...prolly thought everyone else was in costume if he thought he was in Pahoa
Actually, it wasn't a costume at all. Panda Express ran out of veggies across the street.

Hahaha! Good one SBH!

I saw the guy at Walmart wearing just the head and pushing a shopping cart with 2 black back packs in it. If he had walked into the airport like that, he'd be on the floor and in cuffs. I guess that's above the pay grade of Walmart greeters.