Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Suggestion from Jeff Sessions about Hawaii Judge
We agree on many things. I too am against illegal immigration but I'm against a completely bogus fear-mongering overreaction to it.
(I don't mean you).

Immigration is very good for a country. Where would we be without those millions of immigrants who came through Ellis island?
They bring vitality, they bring skills, they bring wealth. Hawaii could indeed benefit from more immigration, just like everywhere else.
Not mass immigration - we get to choose who comes into the country.

That old "we're full up" line was already being used in 1820. Hawaii isn't full, certainly this island isn't. Plenty of room for more people like you and me.
Higher taxes on vacation rentals would decrease tourism

It doesn't matter whether the hotel lobby (ouch) is pushing this.

Consider recent proposals to tax "secondary" or "income" property as a way to fund the State education system.

more tax revenue from you

Not necessarily a bad thing -- if it means we get an actual say in how things are run.

Current example: RLW response. "Well, it's rare. No reason to cancel your vacation." Gee, I wonder how those priorities were set...
A judge sitting on an island in the Pacific seems to have interpreted the Constitution correctly, even from a distance. The travel ban was not legal:

A second federal appeals court has ruled against President Trump’s revised travel ban. The decision on Monday, from the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, in San Francisco, was the latest in a string of court rulings rejecting the administration’s efforts to limit travel from several predominantly Muslim countries.

The ruling affirmed most of a March decision from Judge Derrick K. Watson, of the Federal District Court in Hawaii.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/us/po....html?_r=0
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves