Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seaside Restaurant Reviews?

Have you been to this restaurant and fish farm for dinner? Haven't heard it mentioned and wondered if you've tried this one.

The Seaside Restaurant is located at:
1790 Kalanianaole Avenue
Hilo, Hawaii 96720

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Have been there several times. It gets very crowded on weekends. It is nothing fancy. And, it can get very loud. But, the view onto the fishponds is very nice if you are lucky enough to get a table by the windows.

They have a large menu....with, of course, many kinds of fish prepared in lots of different ways. Everyone is sure to find something they like.

Give it a try.....it is a Hilo institution from what I have been told.
I've been there a couple times. The food was okay and the daytime/evening view was nice. What keeps me from going back was the bare bulb fluorescence ambiance. Maybe they've improved things.....
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Been there a few times. Service OK, Fish Good (esp the fresh farm fish....) ambiance great ONLY if you get a lanai table - on the west - Hilo- side at dusk. Watching the egrets getting roost spots on the trees around the pond with the colors of sunset spreading over the sky... (no egrets????) but of course these are the tables most EVERYONE wants.... If inside, ambiance points go way down to OK. One thing for those who have never been out this way. The Restaurant IS NOT seaside, it is across the road from James Kealoha & Carlsmith beaches (4 Mile). The only waterside seats are the ones on the lanai, overlooking the fish ponds, but no ocean views.

I swear by the salmon encrusted with nori.
They raise salmon there too?!

Aloha,
John S. Rabi ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html