Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happened to the Lions at Longs some Sundays
What happened to the Lions at Longs in Pahoa on some Sundays where they would setup the table to receive food donations? Am I going to early or too late? Or has it been discontinued?
Aloha TC: Thanks for noticing! It was with great sadness that as of last July the Puna Lions Club surrendered their charter to the home org. None of the other clubs were willing to pick up absorb our club, and none of the current members left were willing to keep it going with a) no new blood and b) all the active members were cycling officer positions to the point that there were no more 'willing bodies' to throw themselves into the fray.
Sorry for the delay in responding to your post - my cancer treatment is so debilitating that some days I'm not up to reading anything, and PW kinda got lost there for a few weeks.

-dwajs
-dwajs
I'm sorry to hear about the Lion's club and your cancer. I hope the best for your health.

We really enjoyed stopping by the Lion's table and donating whenever we saw it. Putting it outside of Longs so that people could buy items in the store to donate on their way out was an awesome idea, and sometimes we remembered to bring things from the home cupboards as well.
David - off topic I know, but all the best with your treatment and please let us know how things go. I've enjoyed corresponding with you in the past and hope it will continue. My thoughts are with you and family and let me know if there's anything I can do.