Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATA Airlines leaving Hawaii?
Looks like ATA is rethinking it's Hawaii operation.

http://starbulletin.com/2008/03/07/news/story05.html
That's too bad. My girlfriend was considering flying on ATA from Oakland to Hilo when she next comes to see me. She lives in England and the trip here is long and grueling. One less stopover would have been great for her. I guess doing business in Hawaii is tough for everyone.
no great loss ...ata can pack more folks in a 737 than any other airline I have used--- including the south american "half way half price charter carriers" read no leg room, non existent customer service ... plus their never ending delays in oakland.... on my last trip with them ( stuck in oakland till past midnight for an 8pm departure) was the last straw..... I decided never again - it just wasn't worth the savings in airfare - delays with ata seem to be the rule rather than exception, good riddance!
Do they still have direct flight from LA or anywhere in Cali to Kona? That was our next option. I don't mind the drive.
They are advertising low rates right now between Oakland-Honolulu for $139, -Hilo $149, -Kona $154, and -Lihue $159. Book by Sunday, 3/9 for travel between early April and late May, some routes also for right now through March 12. It's different for each route, so you should check their website ata.com