Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaged packages - USPS to mainland
I had an electronic key stolen. The envelope arrived empty with a clean slice at one end. I was in the 800 number wormhole for months. Investigation, forms, reports, all for naught.
Online claim form allows you to attach photos and videos.
Don't know, I buy a lot of crap from Amazon, and ebay. Plus shipping out stuff as well... Used a lot of the flat rate boxes, Amazon doesn't and only maybe 25% of the stuff amazon ships goes parcel post.

All my stuff seems to make it to me in good condition. Not smashed... But if it was, I'd refuse it, tell em to send it back to amazon or wherever it came from. Even a computer case with all glass sides (was kinda worried about that) not a scratch and pretty much perfect. I guess I must be lucky! Smile I will sometimes buy insurance on the items I send out, but mostly I send it out priority. Seems to me, the less time it's in the hands of the post office the less chance it's going to wind up being broken.

Good thing about amazon, they don't mess around, once fedex lost my item, and they said sorry, and sent out another one next day air. So, I'm not sure who takes the hit on that, but I am sure it doesn't look good when Amazon has to tell whoever they shipped with that their items aren't making it to the customer in good condition.

I suppose you could always sue the post office in small claims, if they didn't want to stand behind their insurance that was purchased.

quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

Seems to me, the less time it's in the hands of the post office the less chance it's going to wind up being broken.

Ouch! Simply ouch.....

Mike in HPP..aka....proud postal worker....