Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii gun law unconstitutional
The Ninth Circuit is like a crew of drunken sailors. Ironically, this is the same court that in 2016 ruled in Peruta v. City of San Diego that "there is no Second Amendment right for members of the general public to carry concealed firearms in public." I expect the full Ninth Circuit will overturn this ruling en banc so Paul doesn't have to leave like all those Hollywood celebrities did when Trump was elected. Oops,..never mind.

"Obviously, most people in hawaii voted for stronger gun laws"

When was this vote?
Where does the Second Amendment say anything about guns? The right to keep and bare arms, aah, short sleeve shirts, tank tops? Seems simple enough to me.

They show up to a shooting and find a bunch of open carry people packing. How do you think that will go down?
--------------
Relatively common in states like Texas with no bad consequences. The legit gun owners know how to act.
a bunch of open carry people packing. How do you think that will go down
——————————
Texas with no bad consequences.

So as not to take this discussion off to the mainland, I’ll simply say that’s not always the case. There are numerous instances where the bad guy with a gun escapes due to overwhelming citizen armed confusion, and I’ve often read of police requesting that the good guys with a gun refrain from helping law enforcement, because more often than not they interfere with apprehending a shooter, rather than assist.

The gun totin’ hero is more often seen in a TV show, rather than at your local Walmart, or bank. Unless the person with a gun is a policeman wearing a uniform, and is working in conjunction with other officers who trained using the same procedure for specific circumstances, individuals at the scene have no idea what the other guys running around popping off rounds are going to do next.

Is the jury still deadlocked? The odds that natural climate variability can account for the magnitude of the temperature changes over the course of the satellite record are roughly five in a million, researchers report. - Science, July 19, 2018.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
@ hotpe...Unless the person with a gun is a policeman wearing a uniform, and is working in conjunction with other officers who trained using the same procedure for specific circumstances,

This idea does not hold water at Any level of our present gov. responses... It appears that Not 1 gov. agency engages in "What if this happens, what exactly do we do?" exercises.

County has No contingency plan

Police have No contingency plan

Civil Defence have No contingency plan

County Counsil have No contingency plan

Your rationale is lacking here on the big island
Not 1 gov. agency engages in "What if this happens, what exactly do we do?" exercises.

Again: this has nothing to do with guns.