Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hwy 130 Geotechnical Examinations Aug 1st
If you're driving next week, please take into account a change in traffic patterns on Hwy 130 along the top of HPP, due to the planned and fascinatingly designated Geotechnical Examinations:

Highway 130 Lane Shifts
Beginning Wednesday, August 1st
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Between Shower Drive & Ainaloa Blvd

temporary traffic modifications to Kea‘au-P#257;hoa Road (Highway 130) between Shower Drive and Ainaloa Boulevard. Lane shifts will be in place beginning Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2018, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., for geotechnical core drilling work.

http://bigislandnow.com/2018/07/25/geote...gin-aug-1/

Is the jury still deadlocked? The odds that natural climate variability can account for the magnitude of the temperature changes over the course of the satellite record are roughly five in a million, researchers report. - Science, July 19, 2018.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Reminder

“Generalized intelligence and mental alertness are the most powerful enemies of dictatorship and at the same time the basic conditions of effective democracy.” - Aldous Huxley
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Let's not inconvenience the Highway Dept by doing this at night. let's just make every commuter get up a half hour earlier and sit in stopped traffic on the way to and from Hilo.
Or if the Highway Dept is scared of the dark, then start at 9am until 3pm.
What happened to 'Government for the people?'
I expect the usual boondoggle, 3 people watching for every one working. Your Highway taxes at work.
Let's not inconvenience the Highway Dept by doing this at night. let's just make every commuter get up a half hour earlier and sit in stopped traffic on the way to and from Hilo.
Or if the Highway Dept is scared of the dark, then start at 9am until 3pm.
What happened to 'Government for the people?'
I expect the usual boondoggle, 3 people watching for every one working. Your Highway taxes at work.
let's just make every commuter get up a half hour earlier and sit in stopped traffic

They should have thought of that before they moved there.
"let's just make every commuter get up a half hour earlier and sit in stopped traffic"

"They should have thought of that before they moved there."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jEEZ KALAKOA...how were "they" supposed to think of this?
I sure didn't, This time of year, it could be done at night....and yes mikewj.....3 people watching for everyone working! (you sound like my partner)
Mahalo for the heads up HOtTE
how were "they" supposed to think of this?

Easy: always assume that neither County nor State have a plan, then expect the most inconvenient possible last-minute workaround for the lack of planning. When in doubt, consider whether the unions would even allow work to be performed under a given set of conditions.

In this case: no plan for growth, so "urgent need" for contraflow, which work cannot be performed at "inconvenient" times (nights, weekends).

Rural Hawaii is really just for retirement. Don't try to get anything done here.
Anyone notice any traffic issues today?
I don't commute at the same time most people do, but certainly drive on 130 from Kaloli Drive onto 130 between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm, and nothing has happened.

So, what's actually happening, if anything?