Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fencing Installer Recommendations Needed
keep pigs out with a solar electric fence

I've seen Charlie's Electric Fencing at Makuu (and elsewhere), a quick google search found his website. Quality product, he has all the parts, and he does installation.

http://charlieselectricfencing.com/anti-...ic-fences/
Yup, thanks Kalakoa, and there is the hard evidence on this method.

Way, WAY cheaper and effective.
The Charlies fencing presentation is very interesting. A factor in any fence price is how much solid rock is along your fence route. Rock is hard to create holes in, especially for a regular fence, which requires pretty deep holes to secure the fencing and poles. Some people concrete in the posts into shallow rock holes.
I experienced this issue. I clear off all the dirt. I dig it out firt then scrape off the excess. I use a pump sprayer to blast off the last of the dirt. Of course a pressure washer would be best here but not always available for me.

Once I get clean bare bed-rock I can mound up some rocks (between softball and basketball size) and cement the posts in. It's a bit tricky because you have to plan for the fence side (or wire side if doing the electric thing) to be clear and straight but it's doable.
A couple times I had to go back and add some cement or rocks here or there but after that... solid as a rock.