Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad weather starting (floods, heavy rain, winds)
I've been busy lately and not watching the weather so this kind of snuck up on me:

"This is a Civil Defense message for October 29, at 3:00pm. The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for the entire state of Hawaii from 6:00 pm Monday to 6:00pm Tuesday. Impacts of heavy rains, lightning and strong down slope winds could affect areas on Hawaii Island through this period. Take necessary precautions ahead of time. Do not drive or walk across flowing water-turn around don't drown. If lighnting threatens your area the safest place to be is indoors. You will be notified of any changes that will affect your safety. This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency."
Yeah, and I have to ride my 200cc scooter into Hilo Tuesday morning for an annual inspection. TH\his one snuck up on me.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Excuse me, but I don't get excited about rain around here unless it tops 12 inches per day. Just jaded, I guess.
Still is hurricane season till end of Nov .
In addition we think western end of state will get brunt of this system and clear out by Friday - Saturday .
Mrs.Mimosa
This one snuck up on me too.

(BTW Rob the computer spell check on Puna Web does not recognize the past participle of sneak.)

Even though it's still hurricane season, didn't this one come from the west instead of the normal storms from the east?
We do not think we will be affected from this coming from the west - Oahu and Maui yes but not Puna.Soft trade showers probably but nothing from Kona direction.
Mrs.Mimosa
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

We do not think we will be affected from this coming from the west - Oahu and Maui yes but not Puna.Soft trade showers probably but nothing from Kona direction.
Mrs.Mimosa
Mrs Mimosa - the thread was about a storm earlier in the week, not now.
Yes Tom - we know this and as we said then and still say now - it was a C.D. message that never came to Puna .