Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eileen Ohara resolution 732
Testimony from the Council meeting Thursday (11/1) to prioritize the opening of Highway 132. Impassioned testimony from several speakers, including effective spokesman Jason Twillman, who asked: Why is the county working on the Pohoiki shoreline access road (for recreation), while ignoring the far more important opening of 132, which would a) return people to their properties b) reduce the traffic on the Way Waa coastal road?

Or allow *both* to take place?

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2018/1...nundation/

What are the obstacles? Environmental concerns? Permitting concerns? Safety concerns (please don't trot out the stupid argument that lava needs 6 months to cool.)

The resolution was advanced to the full Council. Let's be positive, even though we know the 4 most common words out of the mouths of our public officials: "WE CAN'T DO THAT"
Resolutions are of little or no effect.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by BillyB

Eileen Ohara deserves a pat on the back for having the integrity to keep doing her job even after loosing the last election. In the past Council members who have lost their seat simply slink off to sulk for the remainder of their term. The contrast shines a light on how honorable people behave.
Well done Eileen.

Oh please! Eileen is ticked off because she has big trucks going by her house all day. Just like when she had Hawaiian Shores put in and pay for a speed bump in front of her house while she was president of the association. Eileen has one constituent, herself.
So many things wrong with this resolution as related to Honolulu landing..
Eileen has, it seems, done things to favor her alone..
The park in front of her house, which I only see her using.
Then the speed humps in front of her house to discourage drivers from driving by her house, effectively rerouting traffic away from her house into Puna Parkway, behind her house. Disturbing her neighbors with increased traffic.
Now a resolution to close our coastal road, so we can't enjoy the Honolulu Landing area, by rerouting traffic through a road that doesn't exist, going through the Puna Parkway, bypassing the Honolulu Landing area because it's in a tsunami area! My house is on Beach rd and it is in tsunami area. I have never in twenty years have any issues with egress through that area.
But I can tell you that the owner of that area wants the road out of there for purposes of regaining control, and being able to subdivide, and have beachfront lots.
Many years ago, the owner of that area which is over
350 acres, sent a woman representing him. They tried to kick everyone from parking at Honolulu landing.
She was met with fierce opposition after she placed no trespassing signs, no parking signs, private property signs, etc.
I just wonder whether she is in cahoots with the owner of such property.
My bedroom window faces Govt Beach r, and I am also suffering the amount of cinder trucks, and speeders along the road.
It is not safe for walkers, joggers, or plain walking your dogs.
Last ditch effort for a woman that I give credit for getting the recycling going for us.
Besides that, I can't support her latest selfish moves.
punalvr