Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
options for 132 access
https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...r-hwy-132/

I found this part sickening:

O'Hara estimated that the cost of grading the route would be about $70,000 and hopes the county can find a funding source.
One source of funding might come from another county resolution introduced by County Council Chairwoman Valerie Poindexter that would allow the county to appropriate a $10 million grant from the state that was transferred to the county pursuant to the state's first emergency proclamation in May.

I won't ask how County can leverage an "emergency" to build substandard private roads... I'm sure they have good reasons... but:

What did County do with the $10M?
That $70,000 figure is about equal to what Jen Ruggles takes home for nothing.

What did the CoH do with the $10 million..... reasonable question.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
While Mayor Harry Kim’s emergency proclamations have prohibited “physical modifications” to the lava flows, O’Hara said some interpreted the language of the proclamations as permissive of modifications... The route likely will have to cross private property, which involves negotiating a host of liability issues

If County no can by it’s own rules, County can, by interpretation of their own rules. And not just over lava covered, previously existing County roadways, but over private property.

kalakoa... it’s almost as if there is one set of rules for some people, another set of rules for other people, and as many sets of rules for the County as necessary, so they can do whatever they want, wherever they want, however they want.

That’s an even more magical power than making $10 million disappear into thin air.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
one set of rules for some people, another set of rules for other people

I would have more respect for the rules if they were published with a rate sheet and map overlays and blood quanta requirements.

I am going to take a guess that the only things that $10 million went to is overtime pay for almost every person in almost every department in the county. In other words, nothing of substance came of it.
[quote]Originally posted by Rob Tucker

That $70,000 figure is about equal to what Jen Ruggles takes home for nothing.

What did the CoH do with the $10 million..... reasonable question.
[/quote

MS O'Hara could file another resolution to rescind the Council's 32% pay raise, to something more reasonable, say 5%? Then the Council, en mass, tell the HGEA that they won't be getting any raises in the next next round of negotiations, then, current union members could be granted raises based on merit rather than on the benevolence of the County Council and tax payers.
I second the motion lolo

HPP

HPP