Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"no money" because why?
http://qpublic9.qpublic.net/hi_hawaii_display.php?county=hi_hawaii&KEY=230370010000

Last sale price: $6.5M.

Current assesed value for tax purposes: $599,900.

One of these numbers has to be fake.
Matsuura family in Hilo. Very well connected.
Maybe there's a goat out back.
Ag exemption.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Maybe there's a goat out back.

Property is not zoned for that...
2018 taxes were 6500.00 for the 8 acres. Interesting.
H.A. Rd Lot - ZERO TAXES.

It is whom one knows not what one knows on Hawaii the Island - Territorial Law
Kings Law
Who cares any how and will never change .
Just accept it and worry about some thing closer to Puna.
Mrs.Mimosa
Hawaii has always taxed property on some other valuation other than fair market value, or a number set by sales records. Traditionally the taxable value has always been much lower. Everyone has benefitted from this arrangement, other than county, which is sort of short changing themselves. But hey, people would bitch if they were taxed on the real value of their property.

Right kalakoa?
people would bitch if they were taxed on the real value of their property.

County's valuation of my lot is approximately equal to the fair market value and recent sales in the area. Nearby vacant lots have similar valuation.

The above-mentioned prime residential/commercial ("mixed-use") real estate is effectively getting a 90% discount on their property tax bill. Perhaps it's less than 90%, I don't know what Hilo property should be worth, but $812500/acre seems a little high.

At those prices, move the jail and backfill that 4-acre parcel with some nice mixed-use buildings...