Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pool opening and schedule
Volunteer led water aerobics class at the Pahoa Pool Tuesday-Friday (as long as the volunteer is available) 10a.m.-11a.m. No class tomorrow Friday 5/ 10. You must sign a waiver. No charge for the class at this time. Foam barbells and light weights/water bottles are allowed during class time. Deep end of the pool has been closed the last few mornings due to staff shortage.
Interesting that there has been NO regular Pool Lifeguard postings, since before the Pahoa Pool re-opening, only Sr. Lifeguard, that has "for future vacancies"...

Perhaps it is not the fault of the availability of applicants, but the lack of HI Cty. HR to recognize there is a need for Pool Lifeguard positions to be posted...

This will intensify during the summer months, as East Hawaii has yet another long term lifeguard put in notice (wants to be closer to new grand baby...).... and no posting for a replacement, granted it has been just a week, but Pool Lifeguard is a very common posting that should be a click & post type thing...& this loss will impact all of the East Hawaii pools as staff are migrated to cover positions....

If this concerns you, maybe you might try asking those higher ups, like your council, mayor & even the county HR "What gives????, Why no postings???""
Thanks Carey. As usual u give us the straigbt scoop and thank u for that. I just put
Donna and the mayor on point that we will email and. CAll every day like we did the lava flow time to push these idiots into making sure the pool is STAFFED EVERY DAY. and not just close when convienient for co rec dept.

I told Donna, have the mayor take his grand daughter every. Sunday to the pahoa pool, and the co rec dept will have to find someone to staff pool for him eh?

Im gonna be the burr under the bonnet again i guess.

Ive been diving quite a bit so if u no seee me at pool ,sorry..

I have wanted to go and have had the time to go pahoa pool last 3 mondays ,but no luck. Cause closed,and 1 tuesday i tried go pool at luch w wife, gate closed on whole park. Probably water problem , so close whole park, so noone uses toilet?

Aloha

HPP

HPP