Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for septic safe household cleaners
I just tried spreading coffee grounds as a snail deterrent. Snail bait wasn't useful because the chickens ate it. I tried snail houses but the snails didn't like going in the houses. Then I spread the coffee grounds around the snails' favorite plant and went out with a flashlight as they stretched their little disgusting necks to reach the plant but wouldn't cross the coffee ground barrier. Hurray! Snails abated, septic clean.
Certainty will be the death of us.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

If you're concerned about septic microbes, boost them with one of the many septic maintainer additives. Depot sells one that comes in pre-packaged doses, drop in and flush.

I do that once a month

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Longer lasting alternative to bleach is the solid form which is pool shock from the hardware store though maybe not much longer? I stored away my tightly covered bucket of pool shock in a big aluminum pot. When I checked it after a year the pot was white and scaly so the chlorine fumes excape anyway.

If don't have to worry about septic fresh bleach will automatically turn the toilet white. Scrubbing the toilet just wears away the porcelain. But the bleach doesn't work so good after a while.