Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalani party fundraisers causing problems
From what I've been told by employees/volunteers at Kalani, they can only legally reopen about 10% of the premises due to permit violations. Their current solution is charging admission fees to lots of DJ parties day and night so loud you can hear the subwoofer bass clearly in the neighboring subdivisions and other residences. I am aware of numerous complaints to the new manager Lisa which seem to fall on deaf ears. Short of the surrounding neighbors hiring an attorney, it would be nice to see a quick end to this BS.
Their problem is they have a large capacity cesspool.Contact the EPA and notify them that they are still hosting large parties.They may have one small legal septic but I doubt it has the capacity for a large group of people.
Or you can swim in their sewage at Kehena.

https://www.epa.gov/uic/cesspools-hawaii
Kalani is one big Special Use, they are required to comply with the conditions thereof.

That said: since we no longer have rule of law, Kalani can do as it pleases -- it's no more unlawful than Camp Mauna Kea.
... parties day and night so loud...
numerous complaints... seem to fall on deaf ears.

If not EPA, OSHA?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I dont know where or what this Kalani is but if it on Hawaii Homelands they are like Mauna Kai no laws affect them.

jrw
jrw
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

If not EPA, OSHA?

OSHA only has authority over Worker Health and Safety.
He did say the Kalani workers are deaf after the loud parties, I think we have a case here... Smile
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

He did say the Kalani workers are deaf after the loud parties, I think we have a case here... Smile

LOL maybe,

Fed OSHA or State HIOSH can't stop a business unless there is an "Immediate Danger to Life and Health" (IDLH) activity that threatens the workers. They can hit the company with Major or Severe Violations and order them to protect the workers. If a company fails to comply with the orders in a notice of Violation and not correct deficiencies then OSHA can have an Administrative Law Judge order the Business to Cease and Desist putting their employees in Danger and to comply with the law. Closing a Business because of OSHA violations almost never occurs. You have to be an egregious Repeat violator for that to happen.

Also OSHA and HIOSH work from 7am to 4:30pm. They wont go out after hours unless they have a verified employee complaint, a serious injury that sends someone to the Hospital or a Death at the worksite.