Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touble with hawawaii telcom fiber optics
I'm just saying the problem they're encountering when this person looked at the forum link I sent her. There is no full names, or exact locations, to help troubleshoot this issue. Do you really think they can look up on their computer and see who jrw is. I have land down in Kapoho to sell you for if you believe that.
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron S

I'm just saying the problem they're encountering when this person looked at the forum link I sent her. There is no full names, or exact locations, to help troubleshoot this issue. Do you really think they can look up on their computer and see who jrw is. I have land down in Kapoho to sell you for if you believe that.

Like I said every time you call them about the problem thy take your name ,phone number and address . So what dont you read what I wrote instead being a smartass

jrw
jrw
quote:

Providing copper is a regulatory requirement, period. Order a new phone line, they can install it alongside the fiber.

As far as I understand, they can't restore copper loop service when its replaced by fiber. This isn't a Hawaii thing. Verizon was removing copper loop service on the mainland in FIOS serviceable areas.

quote:

Only on the residential side. Business class gets you a real contact person. Mine even responds to email.

I was referring the aliases used in this forum. If you think they can look up on the computer who jrw is, I have cheap land in Kapoho to see you.

quote:

If Telcom is violating their tariff, and you want real results. file a complaint with the PUC. I've only ever had to do this once, but a Friday afternoon phone call resulted in crews rewiring the street on Saturday and techs showing up first thing Monday to install service.

I believe it would be much more effective if a FCC complaint is levied. They're the ones providing the Connect America Fund grants for this rural fiber-optic cable service expansion. The PUC oversees Hawaiian Telcom's legacy copper loop service, not fiber.
quote:
Originally posted by jrw

Like I said every time you call them about the problem thy take your name ,phone number and address . So what dont you read what I wrote instead being a smartass

jrw

Lets rewind here. I sent the the link to this thread to some people I know in Hawaiian Telcom. The problem is there is no names, or locations,
attached to the people posting on here. She would do her best to get to the bottom of this, but its difficult for the reasons I stated.
The PUC oversees Hawaiian Telcom's legacy copper loop service

Gus' complaint above was re copper.

they can't restore copper loop service when its replaced by fiber

They choose not to restore copper. Are they ripping it out like Verizon does?

Suppose your house burns down and takes their fiber with it. Are you then never allowed copper again because you had fiber at some point?

I have cheap land in Kapoho to see you

Does it have fiber?

If you think they can look up on the computer who jrw is

They can, it's just nowhere near convenient.
Gus's complaint is with telephone service over fiber, not copper. I re- read his initial posting, which explicitly states this.

As far as I understand, as soon as the copper service is removed it can't be replaced. I recall reading one of their network changes reports. They removed a legacy central office on Oahu and replaced it with a utility pole attachment since there is no longer any copper loop service in that area.

I call bull$$$ if they can look up a subscriber by just their alias or initials.

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron S

quote:
Originally posted by jrw

jrw

Lets rewind here. I sent the the link to this thread to some people I know in Hawaiian Telcom. The problem is there is no names, or locations,
attached to the people posting on here. She would do her best to get to the bottom of this, but its difficult for the reasons I stated.

They have names of address of the people who call Hawaii telcom about the problem so your are saying that I should post my name and address on Puna web

jrw
jrw