Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's currently closed in Puna and Hilo by virus
I have no idea since I rarely go out. I guess schools and libraries are the only things I'm sure about.
"Puna Rock will continue to remain open during this statewide stay at home shut down period for essential work relating to and including federal, state, county and construction related jobs. We ask all customers to make their own assessments and use your own judgement before coming into Puna Rock. If it is not essential and can wait till April 30th, we ask that you do follow the stay at home recommendations of the State. Mahalo for your understanding..."

Just to be sure I called them and yes they are still selling compost for our Pandemic Garden. Normal hours.
Ventured out to the Pahoa transfer station. The recycle part is closed.

Black Rock and Pho 19 were the only restaurants open.

7-11 and the Natch open.

At Malama and Paul's every thing was pretty much open.

Big line at Burger King.
Well we went to town today and noticed some closures right away like the Prince Kuhio Mall. Some places are open but with reduced hours like Suisan Fish market is now open from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Abundant Life health food store now doesn't open till 10:00am. Walgreen is now holding back people from entering the store due to social distancing limits.
Luquin’s is drive through. Pick up 30 minutes after calling in.

#1 Chinese BBQ closed.
Lex Brodie’s open
Pahoa` Fresh Fish open

Cheers
Kirt