Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fabric Made From Volcanic Basalt
Did they forget Hawaii's taxes on that profit?

The article didn’t mention Hawaii’s taxes as a potential problem, but near the end of the story it’s noted trade war tariffs by the federal government “could severely limit the viability of the venture.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge
trade war tariffs by the federal government “could severely limit the viability of the venture.”

So leveling the playing field presents a problem?? Too bad, so sad.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
“...trade war tariffs...”

(Sticking fingers in ears) “I can’t hear you, ahhhhhhhhh!”

[Wink]
PISCES recently constructed tiles which could be used in ovens or other energy efficiency applications. They are made entirely from basalt and heat. Imagine if the tiles were manufactured on a commercial scale which would allow their use in standard home construction. A locally sourced, locally produced, fire proof building material.

http://pacificspacecenter.com/xl-basalt-...l-testing/
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Seems it would require some desecration of Hawaii and lava rocks instead of throwing them around on a road. In addition it requires taking lava rock off-island which we all know brings bad luck and probably lots of other sacred things we'll discover for new when the industry gets protested. I can't see a way forward for this project.
Basalt, not just for fabric anymore.
At a Puna rock quarry with Kyla Pumehana Edison showing how to turn basalt into building materials for the first moon base, and Martian habitats. And I hope even sooner, Puna homes?

https://twitter.com/cbsunstoppable/statu...7611330560