Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resort Bubble?
(08-29-2020, 03:38 AM)HI_Someday Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 06:20 AM)kalianna Wrote: ...Store employees don't want to spread the virus to friends and family.  If they're sick, they'll stay home (I think).  Tourists, with a lot of money invested in their little bubble vacations, are not going to let a little sore throat keep them from going on their Hawaiian adventure.

I don't understand how people can continue to think like this. You can have the virus and not have any symptoms, that is you won't feel sick or have a sore throat, and still pass the virus on to others. Asymptomatic. It's a thing.
Think like what?  Of course "it's a thing".  Of course one can pass it on not knowing they have it.  My point is that for people who know they're sick, I believe that residents would be far more likely to stay home than a tourist about to leave for their Hawaii vacation.  I hope this relieves some of your anger.
^ No way. Fever is one of the most common symptoms of coronavirus. You think a sick tourist would fork out hundreds or thousands of dollars for a resort bubble trip only to be quarantined or sent home when the temperature check fingered them at the arriving airport?

Too much worrying and blame going on regarding tourists.

I agree with this: https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/08/a-...sponse-effort/

Too often, he said, the media and local politicians focused on the “scofflaws” and social media personalities who traveled to the islands only to get caught violating the state’s quarantine. That only exacerbated the false belief that Hawaii could protect itself with “faux border security.”

“We spent all of our time worrying about one or two idiots running around the state from the mainland when we should have been building up our public health infrastructure to be ready for the virus being among us,” Schatz said. “Tourism is not the main cause of the spread. We are the main cause of the spread. And shame on us for believing that we could do whatever we wanted here locally as long as we didn’t let anybody fly in. That’s not how this virus works.”